CIMA Cartoon Gives Lesson in Ethics
Accountants are being reminded of their ethical commitments and the pitfalls of ignoring them in a new animation released by CIMA.
Aware of the swelling of public anger aimed at unethical actions within the financial and accounting industry, CIMA has issued the short animation to ensure members and students continue to protect their professional standing by complying with its code of ethics.
Tanya Barman, CIMA’s head of ethics, said: ‘The last few years have highlighted the cost of acting unethically, with a spate of business failures, high public mistrust and increasing public protest, such as the Occupy movement, against financial misdemeanours across all sectors.
‘However despite an increase in organisations adopting ethical codes and training, current research suggests there is greater pressure within companies to act unethically. There is certainly a ‘rhetoric v reality’ gap as the majority of organisations have a code of ethics, but few are actively monitoring and evaluating ethical performance.’
The animation, as well as articles and blogs are available via www.cimaglobal.com/ethics.
- ICAEW Unveils Business and Finance Professional (BFP) Designation
- CIPFA gets Approval from the Government to provide Apprenticeship Training in the Country
- Recent ACCA Report on the Increasing scope of Shared Services
- Book Accelerator Program released by Bill.com
- ACCA Proudly Supports the 2016 International Women’s Day
- ACCA and KPMG Study establishes that business Chiefs Still follow their Hearts and not Heads
- Exploration of Future Challenges that the Accounting Profession faces conducted by IMA and ACCA