Women Encouraged in Business Leadership Across Commonwealth Nations
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and the Commonwealth Business Council have published new report encompass six solutions regarding uplifting the women positions in the business arena.
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and the Commonwealth Business Council (CBC) commissioned new reported which stated the importance of women into the business world. Also, the progress of women in leadership will help the entire business grow and the implementation of six simple policy and strategic measures will boost up women cooperation across the Commonwealth.
The report being prepared by ACCA and CBC is called paving the way to opportunities: women in leadership across the Commonwealth. In this publication key points have keenly been highlighted such as the opportunities for women in commonwealth, techniques to attain power and goals. Government support is also necessary for the women progress therefore, in the publication also examines government and business support in this regard.
The authors of Paving the way to opportunities: women in leadership across the Commonwealth are Dr. Shaheena Janjuha-Jivraj, Henley Business School and Boardwalk Leadership; and Arif Zaman, CBC and Henley Business School.
Six recommendations made by ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and the Commonwealth Business Council are
1. Board-ready or have board potential women given databases:
Databases will be specially created for the women who uphold board-ready or board potential, database will include details, background information ensuring all areas are covered.
2. Sponsoring initiatives supported:
Best practices will be performed across the regions ensuring quality in the sponsoring process.
3. Research monitor for common wealth:
Commonwealth countries to be compared in a transparent manner ensuring composition and recruitment process
4. Uplift career aspirations:
Career developments must be embedded from the very start, primary level to university level. This will help women to form role models and aspire to become career oriented.
5. Media strategy formation:
Media can play pivotal role in projecting women by demonstrating senior women positions, enabling stakeholders to make choices regarding working with business bodies.
6. Priorities across the commonwealth:
- Xero Reports Revenue Growth of 36% in the FY 2019
- FASB Provides Financial Institutions with Fair Value Option to Ease through the CECL Transition
- Kraft Heinz Reveals $181m in Accounting ‘Misstatements’
- KPMG Hit with a £6m over Audit of Lloyds Syndicate
- Property Dealer Banned over £5.6m Accounting Failure
- ETL UK Snaps up SRLV Business Advisory and Accountancy Firm
- Government Publishes Draft Regulations on Directors’ Remuneration Policy Changes