Nation-Wide Free Financial Planning Event
You may be able to take advantage of free financial planning coming soon to a city near you. Now in its fourth year, Financial Planning Days offers free financial planning services to families and individuals across the United States. Financial planning is an important activity that assists with maintaining financial stability throughout life’s many changes. A financial planner can help you prepare for financial events such as college tuition, the birth of a child, and retirement.
In response to a nation-wide lack of financial preparedness, four national non-profit organizations have collaborated to bring you Financial Planning Days. The event is sponsored by the Financial Planning Association, the Foundation for Financial Planning, the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the United States Conference of Mayors. Together, these organizations are called the Financial Planning Days Consortium.
This annual event, held nation-wide, offers the services of thousands of highly certified volunteers. They offer services in both one-on-one financial counseling sessions and classroom training activities to educate the public about the benefits of financial planning. Last year the event took place in 24 cities and that number is expected to grow.
The focus of the Financial Planning Days Consortium is to help people achieve their life goals. With that in mind the event is completely free and designed around altruistic principals. Participants are never asked to buy into financial products, no personal agendas are forwarded by the volunteers, it is even against the organization’s mission statement to distribute business cards. In this type of relaxed atmosphere participants can trust that the only goal of their adviser is to help the customer.
For more information, interested participants should visit the Financial Planning Days Consortium website. Dates for this year’s event, as well as the cities will be posted as the event time approaches.
- Paul May Resigns as CEO of Café Chain Patisserie Valerie
- South Korean Financial Regulator Accused Samsung BioLogics of Accounting Violations
- ACCA Publishes Report on Emotional Intelligence Important for Accountants to Survive in the Modern Workplace
- SEC Urges Companies to Focus on Employing Better Accounting and Audit controls against Cyber Threats
- Uncertainty Surrounding Brexit Results in Drop of Confidence in the UK Economy
- Companies not in Support of the Idea of Workers on Boards
- BDO Reports 8.5% Increase in Revenue