The 2014 Do’s and Don’ts
Increased profitability and growth are the indicators of a successful firm. At the beginning of the year, most of the successful firms select a number of strategic initiatives which they instill in the organization for them to be implemented at all levels.
The following are the Do’s and Don’ts that an organization should put into consideration for growth to take place;
1. Do have an improved model that is leveraged. The profitability of a job, can be increased by leverage as well as assisting the development of your people.
2. Do have a talent pipeline built so that you do not have to wait until you get somebody to start of. For the existing or future roles of your organization, make use of LinkedIn in identification of suitable candidates and share with them ideas.
3. Just because you did not manage a sales pursuit well, do not blow off a sale. The way you manage a sales process is an indication of the way you will manage an engagement and conduct yourself professionally.
4. Do not have to write off time. Start watching the rise of your individual job satisfaction together with your compensation by beginning to believe that you are worth every single coin. Have a growth plan that is strategic.
5. Do double the referres that you already have. To grow a practice, you need more than the ordinary referral sources.
6. Do cross selling of a significant number of your services to some of the major clients. In the long run, client retention will be much improved and clients will view this as a proactive move.
7. Do an additional strategic niche of your organization. Identify the kind of services that need to be added to have a win win value proposition.
8. Do have the entire organization engage in marketing your business for the growth of the business. Never underestimate the marketing capability of your staff.
9. Don’t take more than you can handle. Most organizations endeavour to try few initiatives in a year to ensure that they get successful before they can engage more.