ACCA Responds to Social Mobility and Child Poverty Commission Report, Elitist Britain
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) supports establishing corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the organizations all over the world. Therefore ACCA has introduced ACCA’s code of ethics and conduct under which employers have to formulate an environment of ethics, responsibility along with accountability. ACCA’s code of ethics and conduct include:
* Professional behavior
* Professional competence and due care
ACCA UK’s head, Sarah Hathaway, says that it is very important to establish CSR. Further, it is not that hard to establish CSR, just employers have to play a key role in making the employees working under the principles. It is not good to know that about only half of the employees think that corporate social responsibility is important to be developed by their employer. Some employers consider that this is just like a tick box which has to be filled. They also think that no modifications to the environment are required to operate under CSR.
Whereas, CSR requires fundamental changes in the environment in which firms operate. This environment needs to be changed into a more social, sophisticated and ethical environment where employees work in the best interest of firm and its shareholders.
Alternatives need to be identified to be successful, in order to bring a fundamental change. Persons with professional qualification and trainee employees should be treated equally, rather than stating the fact that the professional has a strong educational background whereas the internee has come from a deprived area, i.e, an Oxbridge degree holder and a local graduate would not have same position. To mitigate this difference, some suggestions were given by Social Mobility and Child Poverty Commission, but these also need some fundamental modifications in the institutions and firms.
- Global Ethics Code Playing Catch Up with Latest Technology Developments
- Regulator Launches an Inquiry into Operations of a Birmingham Based Charity
- Leading UK Furniture Business Collapses into Administration
- How Technology is Shaping the Future of Financial Services for the Better
- ICAEW Signs MoU with ICAI
- Companies House Updates the Penalty Appeal Proceess for Late Filing
- In The Next Recession, You Can Make Money Rather Than Lose It