European Commission has the 'Right Structure and Credentials for the Challenges Faced by the EU' says ACCA
Head of Public Affairs of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - Europe, PetrosFassoulas, passed his remarks about the restructuring of European Commission on September 10 2014. He said that commission has correct credentials and structure to play an important role in enabling the EU to work for the betterment of the associated States and general public. Important things to be developed for this purpose are increased investments, growth and improved regulation.
He further added that Association of Chartered Certified Accountantsrecognizes the importance of Small and Medium Sized Entities (SMEs) especially for their globalization and their access to digital agenda and finance. He said that we support the new SME portfolio, entrepreneurship and creation of internal markets which for the very first time have recognized the importance of SMEs as backbone of the European economy.
Petros has appreciated the selection of Jonathan Hill as the new Commissioner of Capital Markets Unions and Financial Services. He said that this feels identified how our European partner feels the importance of the City for Britain and EU. This is the confirmation of the key role Britain can perform in making EU financially stable and sustainable, as well as being able to serve the overall economy.
Petros further stated that ACCA, being a diverse professional body, is happy to know that three of nine ladies joining office in November are European Commission Vice-Presidents who are successful in getting three out of seven most important portfolios including competition, industry, internal market and trade.
- Treasury Planning to Regulate Cryptoasset promotions
- NAO Deepens Analysis of Government Spending
- Global Ethics Code Playing Catch Up with Latest Technology Developments
- Regulator Launches an Inquiry into Operations of a Birmingham Based Charity
- Leading UK Furniture Business Collapses into Administration
- What You Need to Know About Forex Order Types
- How Technology is Shaping the Future of Financial Services for the Better