Start-Up Awards Shortlist Announced
The final nominations for the yearly Arabian Business Start-Up Awards have been publicized. The event will be held on November 26 at the Westin Mina Seyahi Resort & Marina. Awards will be presented for 12 categories with each category having 5 nominations. The winners will be announced during the main event.
A panel of judges short listed the final nominees from 100s of entries. One winner will be selected for each category. Neil King, the Editor of magazine ‘Arabian Business StartUp’, stated that it was very difficult to select 5 nominations for each category and they even had to increase nominees to 6 for two categories due to tough competition. He continued that this indicates the dynamics of the environment and he thanked everyone who sent nomination and every other person associated to make the event an exciting one.
The announced nominees from all categories are listed below:
Entrepreneur of the Year: Hisham Al Gurg, Lama Bazzari, Abdulla Al-Mannaei, Benjamin de Tressac, LojainJibawi
Start-up of the Year: Telr, 77 Veggie, DeCluttr Me, Fishfishme, OP Integrated Lifestyle
Start-up Programme of the year: Dubai Tech Nights, Ibtikar, Ro’Ya, Start-up Weekend, YEC 2014
SME of the Year: Biz-group, Fishfayce, Insignia, Ripe, Big On Children.
Innovation of the Year: Travel Marketing Council, Afterschool.ae, Amana Health Care, Be Supernatural, Little Majlis, Palestyle
SME Bank of the Year: Mashreq, Emirates NBD,ADCB, Noor, RAKBANK
Women in Business: Lama Younis, LudmilaYamalova, MounaAbbassy, NishaVarman, Samantha Malkoun
Digital Business of the Year: SellAnyCar.com, CompareIt4Me, Growl Media, Mini Exchange, Qordoba
SME Leader of the Year: Gaurav Sinha, Hazel Jackson, John St Valery, Marcel Khairallah, RabeaAtaya, Robert Jones
Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Imam Ben Chaibah,Ibrahim Colak, Sarah Appleton, TalalBayaa, TheaMyhrvold
Mentor of the Year: Elizabeth Filippouli, Liam Mooney, Muhammad Mekki& Louis Lebbos, Tarek Amin, Will Hutson
Incubator / Accelerator of the Year: HI2, Impact Hub, In5, Silicon Oasis Founders – DSOA , TURN8
- Big Four Supports Mandatory Reporting of Ethnicity Pay Gap
- Victims of Investment Scams Lost Average of £29,000
- Paul May Resigns as CEO of Café Chain Patisserie Valerie
- South Korean Financial Regulator Accused Samsung BioLogics of Accounting Violations
- ACCA Publishes Report on Emotional Intelligence Important for Accountants to Survive in the Modern Workplace
- SEC Urges Companies to Focus on Employing Better Accounting and Audit controls against Cyber Threats
- Uncertainty Surrounding Brexit Results in Drop of Confidence in the UK Economy