HMRC Staff Threaten More Strike Action
Thousands of HMRC call centre staff and enquiry officers are threatening to strike on 31 January, the deadline for online Self Assessment returns.
Around 20,000 staff staged a series of half hour walk-outs on Monday 16 January in response to the latest threat over alleged moves towards privatisation. A move towards privatisation of services has been denied by HMRC.
- Businesswomen Sent Behind the Bars for Claiming VAT Refunds Through Forged Invoices
- Businessman Disqualified for Eight Years for Avoiding Paying Debts to Creditors
- KPMG Launches an Initiative to help Black Employees
- ‘Significant weaknesses in Internal Controls’ Led to £1m Scottish Council Fraud
- Fifth of the Accountants in the UK Still using Paper Based Methods
- Deloitte publishes the Fifth Edition of their Report on Gender diversity on Corporate Boards
- Students Worry about Striking a Balance between Work and Personal Life