Certified in Financial Management (CFM)
The CFM is a professional designation provided by the Institute of Management Accountants for financial managers. These professionals receive specializes training in the study of how accounting and financial info is used by managers in taking current or prospective business decisions. However, it is obligatory for members to fulfill a work experience requirement and provide evidence of continuing education.
A student who has accomplished the Postgraduate Certificate of Financial Management successfully is eligible for articulation to U21Global’s Postgraduate Diploma of Business Administration. Moreover, he/she can also apply for credit transfer for relevant subjects accomplished under the Postgraduate Certificate within the last five years.
Every applicant is considered on his/her individual merit. One might be admitted to the program through the fulfillment of the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is essential for admission to the CFM program. the applicants without an undergraduate degree will require a minimum of 8 years’ relevant professional experience for work of which five years must be in a management capacity.
- At least two years’ management or professional experience for applicants with a GMAT score of a minimum of 600.
- At least three years’ management or professional experience for applicants without a GMAT.
- Confirmation of proficiency in English for applicants who do not possess English as their first language and have also not undertaken tertiary education in English.
- A motivation statement for success through a 500-word essay.
- Two references of which at least one should be familiar with the employment record of the applicant.
The Certified Financial Manager program is so designed to identify the distinctive qualifications and expertise of the professionals involved in management accounting.
The main objectives of this certification program are:
- Establishing management accountants as recognized professions by identifying the role of professional, the core body of knowledge, and a course of study through which such knowledge is attained.
- Encouraging higher education standards in the accounting field of management.
- Establishing an objective measure of a candidate’s knowledge and competence in the field of management accounting.
- Encouraging continued professional development.
- Debt ratios
- Liquidity ratios
- Profitability ratios
- Asset management ratios
- Cash Flow Indicator Ratios
- Market value ratios
- Financial analysis
- Business Terms
- Financial education
- International Financial Reporting Standards (EU)
- IFRS Interpretations (EU)
- Financial software
Most WantedFinancial Terms
- Most Important Financial Ratios
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio
- Financial Leverage
- Current Ratio
- Interest Coverage Ratio (ICR)
- Solvency Ratio
- Receivable Turnover Ratio
- Return On Capital Employed (ROCE)
- Accounts Payable Turnover Ratio
- Debt Service Coverage Ratio
Have 10 minutes to relax?Play our unique
Play The Game