ACCA member Miss Muriel Simpson died in 1997 and, in her will, granted the residuary estate to ACCA to establish a scholarship fund which is called ‘Simpson Scholarship’. Simpson Scholarship is used to recognize the efforts and abilities of ACCA students.
The scholarship funds the further education of eligible ACCA students. In order to be eligible for the Scholarship, students had to have performed exceptionally well in the exams they had already sat, and submit a 1,000 word essay enlightening how the scholarship will help in achieving their true potential.
Each year, the Simpson Scholarship funds the ACCA examination and registration fees of five scholarship winners, from all around the world, for a period of five years or until they become members – whichever happens first. In addition to that, BPP Learning Media, ACCA’s Approved Learning Partner (Content) provides free study material to the winners of scholarship.
Since 2008, 35 students from 22 countries have benefitted from the scholarship program. During 2013 the scholarship was won by five students from Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
During 2014, five students from Ghana, India,Kenya, Russia and Pakistan have won the Simpson Scholarship. The names of the students are as follows:
• MrAtoKwaminaBuabengGhansah - Ghana
• MrAbinYesudas - India
• Miss HiralVelji - Kenya
• Mrs Anastasia Chueva – Russia
• Mr Muhammad AhsanBajwa - Pakistan
The scholarship fund will pay the following fees on behalf of the winners for a period of maximum five years or tillwhen they become members, whichever happens earlier:
• Examination fees
• Annual student subscription fees
• Annual affiliate subscription fees
• Membershipadmission fee
Furthermore, BPP Learning Media will provide study material to the above mentioned winners.
Director-Learning at ACCA, Alan Hatfield said the winners were selected from the list of twenty finalists and it’s a great accomplishment for them. She further said that the Scholarship will enhance the motivation and commitment level the winners have shown to achieve the ACCA qualification. She added that winners are selected based on their understanding of ACCA’s core values of opportunity, diversity and integrity and demonstration of how they would practice those values.
- ICAEW Unveils Business and Finance Professional (BFP) Designation
- CIPFA gets Approval from the Government to provide Apprenticeship Training in the Country
- Recent ACCA Report on the Increasing scope of Shared Services
- Book Accelerator Program released by Bill.com
- ACCA Proudly Supports the 2016 International Women’s Day
- ACCA and KPMG Study establishes that business Chiefs Still follow their Hearts and not Heads
- Exploration of Future Challenges that the Accounting Profession faces conducted by IMA and ACCA