ACCA Roundtable on Creative Leadership: Supported by Manchester Business School
Recent roundtable conducted by ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants – the global body for professional accountants) in Dubai on 10 Jun 2014 with more than 20 senior woman who currently working in several important financial and accounting roles in different organizations. Dr. Mark Batey, Creative Leadership Specialist at Manchester Business School (MBS) was the main speaker and moderator of this roundtable.
MBS and ACCA have a strong relationship in the UAE since 2010 and they support 850 part-time MBA students (who are also ACCA members) across the globe. ACCA UAE networking forum for senior woman in senior finance roles founded in the year 2012 and organize the events in every six months. The event includes networking opportunities and challenges woman face during their careers while they reaching the senior most positions in finance. ACCA events enable the opportunities to meet together for ACCA and non-ACCA members.
According to Dr. Batey, who presented the “key principles of creativity and innovation at the round table”: the group agreed that, due to the increasing innovation and demand of new financial products and services
– it is really challenging to meet the customer satisfaction specially with changing regulations. This ACCA roundtable is an excellent platform for discussion – not only because this is an exclusive forum for woman, but it is equally it is a specialized forum for finance and accounting professionals.
ACCA regional director Stuart Dunlop said that, it is very important that the senior women must obtain the senior most position in the finance sector, and break the so-called “Glass Wall” and welcome them to more prominent roles. This is an integrated part of ACCA’s core values and it creates the equal employment opportunities. This kind of events not only bring the women forward and club together in a single platform, but also gives a new platform to share and exchange ideas.
MBS is an ACCA affiliated Learning partner registered in 2010 in the Middle East and It is also a registered CPD provider status from ACA. MBA is responsible for expanding their business, perspectives and competencies as well as promoting the career of the professionals. MBS Middle East center and it coordinates 1,500 part time MBA students in this region. MBS ranked world’s top business school by “Financial Times”.
- ICAEW Unveils Business and Finance Professional (BFP) Designation
- CIPFA gets Approval from the Government to provide Apprenticeship Training in the Country
- Recent ACCA Report on the Increasing scope of Shared Services
- Book Accelerator Program released by Bill.com
- ACCA Proudly Supports the 2016 International Women’s Day
- ACCA and KPMG Study establishes that business Chiefs Still follow their Hearts and not Heads
- Exploration of Future Challenges that the Accounting Profession faces conducted by IMA and ACCA