New Initiative will Open up Free Business Course to Anyone, Anywhere
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a global body of professional accounting professionals. Recently it collaborated with University of Exeter Business School and online learning platform FutureLearn to initiate a program which will allow any person at any place in the world to get enhanced knowledge of how to manage a business. The program is due to be launched on September 8 2014.
The program is a huge online course which is titled as ‘Discovering Business in Society’. The program is free of cost for everyone. Anyone, around the world, can benefit from the course through internet. The time period of the course is eight weeks. The purpose of the course is to present anyone with the opportunity to have knowledge of business principles. The people who are looking to start after a break or who are already working can both benefit from the course. Also, if any person is looking to enter into the field of finance and wants to take the ACCA route, the program can provide him with useful initial guidance on how to become ACCA member.
The Executive Director of ACCA, Clare Minchington, stated that the best thing about the program is that it is all including. On one hand it can be useful for any person who is looking to join the field of finance through ACCA and on the other hand the course will assist any person who is looking to start new business or return to business after some gap. Now days it is common for people, already in work, to switch to new business. This course would give them initial feel of the environment.
As the program is online, it can be accessed by anyone from anywhere in the world through internet despite being delivered by one of the top universities.
There is a voluntary assessment test at the end of the course. The test requires a fee to be paid. Those who can pass the test shall be granted exemption from ‘F1’ paper of the ACCA examination.
- ICAEW Unveils Business and Finance Professional (BFP) Designation
- CIPFA gets Approval from the Government to provide Apprenticeship Training in the Country
- Recent ACCA Report on the Increasing scope of Shared Services
- Book Accelerator Program released by Bill.com
- ACCA Proudly Supports the 2016 International Women’s Day
- ACCA and KPMG Study establishes that business Chiefs Still follow their Hearts and not Heads
- Exploration of Future Challenges that the Accounting Profession faces conducted by IMA and ACCA