Northern Ireland Minister of Finance to Speak at ACCA’s International Public Sector Conference
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is scheduled the international public sector conference this year, at which the topic of discussion will be finance in politics. The finance minister of Northern Ireland, Simon Hamilton and former banker, writer of book ‘Nowhere to hide’ and instructor, Lim Mah Hui, are expected to be present at the conference being held by global accountancy body along with the many other reputed professionals from around the world.
The conference is to be held at London (Inmarsat Centre) on December 4, 2014 where the professionals from around the globe will gather to discuss about the finance in the world of politics. Simon Hamilton will talk about the management of financial politics and Lim Mah will speak about scenarios and results of in-equality and financial crunch.
The finance related professionals from countries such as Sri Lanka and Australia etc. will also speak at the conference regarding how to attain maintainable public finances and safe management of finance when the total attention is on short term political cycle, by the discussion of following topics:
· Making government accountable
· Integration in financial reporting
· The effect of financial reporting on user’s decision making
The head of ACCA’s public sector, Gillian Fawcett, stated that at the 6th conference held by the accountancy body we will try to understand the effect of financial report and accounting on users to make effective decisions, whether the efforts to achieve efficiency is effecting ethics in a negative way and whether the governments can be held accountable in an effective manner.
He further added that the conference, on how auditing and reporting are emerging to improve the decision making, transparency and accountability of public expenditures, is being held at the right time.
- ICAEW Unveils Business and Finance Professional (BFP) Designation
- CIPFA gets Approval from the Government to provide Apprenticeship Training in the Country
- Recent ACCA Report on the Increasing scope of Shared Services
- Book Accelerator Program released by Bill.com
- ACCA Proudly Supports the 2016 International Women’s Day
- ACCA and KPMG Study establishes that business Chiefs Still follow their Hearts and not Heads
- Exploration of Future Challenges that the Accounting Profession faces conducted by IMA and ACCA