New Chairs for ACCA’s Global Forum Announced
New chairs for ACCA’s global forum have been announced to lead the new and fresh thinking in accountancy debates.
New chairs are for new think tanks of accountancy field. These three leaders are from three different continents that will bring in a fresh thinking about issues in accountancy profession. They have been appointed in ACCA’s public sector, taxation and Global Forums for SME. The details of the new chairs are as follows:
Stephen Emasu, Chair of the Global Forum for Public Sector: Stephen has been working with IMF as an expert in public financial management in Uganda since 2012. He has also been working with Adam Smith International since 2009 as a senior finance advisor on a project with Sodan Government. Previously, Smith worked as public financial management consultant at World Bank.
Rosanna Choi, Chair of Global Forum for SMEs: Rosanna Choi is a partner at Certified Public Accountants in Hong Kong. She has been involved in SME work of ACCA for more than 10 years. She has served in ACCA’s committee and sub-committee in Hong Kong since 2002.
Tom Duffy, Chair of Global Forum for Taxation: Tom holds an excellent background in taxation and has been working as a Partner at Affection in the UK. Tom has also been the Head of tax at Royal Dutch Shell and Head of UK Tax.
ACCA also appreciates the outgoing chairs Selamah Wan FCCA (Accountant General of Malaysia), Mark Gold FCCA (Chair of the FEE SMP Forum previously worked as a Partner at Silver Levene in UK), and Mukesh Gunamal FCCA (Director of Global Tax Quality and Risk Management at EY).
The executive director for brand at ACCA, Neil Stevenson says: Global Forums of ACCA now have members from 44 countries. These members are well equipped to contribute in the global accountancy issues raised by the experts of accountancy profession from all the sectors around the world. I warmly welcome the new chairs to our Global Forums. With the help of their leadership and professional skills, our forums will enhance the role of accountancy profession in the supporting economies around the world. This new addition in the ACCA Global Forums will hopefully help in addressing the critical issues of accountancy, SME’s and Taxation.
- Former Oil Company Executives Convicted of Fraud and Money Laundering
- Majority of Young Finance Professionals Feel Threatened by Emerging Technologies
- FCA Planning to Launch a Financial Services Directory
- Cash Collection Company Coin Co bosses Banned from Being Directors After they Were Found to be at Fault of Holding onto £5.8m Owed to Company’s Clients
- Businesswomen Sent Behind the Bars for Claiming VAT Refunds Through Forged Invoices
- Businessman Disqualified for Eight Years for Avoiding Paying Debts to Creditors
- KPMG Launches an Initiative to help Black Employees