IRS Plans PTIN Address Change Option
The Internal Revenue Service said it plans to add a new option to its Preparer Tax Identification Number system in December for users who need to change the email address associated with their online PTIN accounts.
The new option will also help people who have forgotten their user IDs or passwords, but don’t have access anymore to their original email accounts, according to an IRS email alert to tax professionals on Wednesday.
The IRS encouraged tax preparers in this situation to wait for the online option coming next month instead of sending paper applications, which can take between four and six weeks to process.
- Increase in Recovery of VAT on Financial Services in No Deal Brexit
- HMRC Issued a Petition for Winding up to Notts County Football Club
- London Grocer Found Guilty in £120k VAT Fraud
- HMRC Enquiring English Premier League Clubs and Players Over Potential Tax Avoidance on Sale of Players’ Image Rights
- VAT Fraud Leads Father and Son Duo to Jail
- Mechanic Ordered to Pay Back £208k with Respect to a Tax Fraud
- Large Businesses Tax underpayments increases by 13% to £25bn