Sales Tax SaaS from Avalara Goes Mobile
SaaS-based sales tax automation service provider Avalara’s service is now available for mobile devices and will utilize a new geo-location technology.
The sales-tax-specific geo-location engine, which will be available in early 2012, uses latitude and longitude coordinates, instead of zip codes, to deliver accurate calculations in complex jurisdictions.
“Retailers using any location-aware mobile device can now accurately calculate sales tax data based on their exact geospatial location—even if the transaction is in a crowded farmers market, a new construction site, or on an offshore oil rig,” said Avalara chief technology officer Jared Vogt. “We’re making it easy for everyone…to get the right tax rate anytime, anywhere. There’s a clear need to simplify transactional tax compliance, and Avalara is filling it through innovation.”
- Increase in Recovery of VAT on Financial Services in No Deal Brexit
- HMRC Issued a Petition for Winding up to Notts County Football Club
- London Grocer Found Guilty in £120k VAT Fraud
- HMRC Enquiring English Premier League Clubs and Players Over Potential Tax Avoidance on Sale of Players’ Image Rights
- VAT Fraud Leads Father and Son Duo to Jail
- Mechanic Ordered to Pay Back £208k with Respect to a Tax Fraud
- Large Businesses Tax underpayments increases by 13% to £25bn