50p Tax Rate to Stay, Says Cameron
THE HIGHER RATE income tax band is set to continue, said the prime minister.
Speaking on the BBC's The Andrew Marr Show, Cameron said the 50p rate of tax on those earning more than £150,000 would continue.
'When you're taking the country through difficult times and difficult decisions, you've got to take the country with you,' said Cameron. 'I think that means permanently trying to make the argument that what you're doing is fair.'
Cameron also suggested that a mansion tax was unlikely in the Budget.
- VAT Fraud Leads Father and Son Duo to Jail
- Mechanic Ordered to Pay Back £208k with Respect to a Tax Fraud
- Large Businesses Tax underpayments increases by 13% to £25bn
- OECD Releases Compliance Ratings on Tax Transparency
- LITRG urges to Act Fast on Missed Tax Credit Renewals
- Legal and Accounting Businesses Contribute £15.5bn in Taxes for UK Treasury
- Chinese Football Association Introduces Rule of 100% tax on Signings of Foreign Players